GK2 is great for kids! There are so many activities for your children to enjoy. Here is ConnectColony’s list of some of the best, fun activities to keep your child happy and busy:
Sports Classes in GK2
- Karate Classes in Arya Samaj mandir and Masjid Moth – The very popular classes for boys and girls, under the guidence of Sensi Nagender Gulliya . Contact them on 9250333646.
- Team Tennis India has tennis coaching classes at KR Mangalam School tennis courts every evening. The classes are usually for 4.5+ and upwards age group. Visit their website www.teamtennisindia.com or call +911165175384 for more information.
- Don Bosco School has evening cricket and basketball classes in their campus. The instructor is Mr Dhaiya- 9811119516
- S Block Park GK2 is a hub of sporting activity every evening. Here you will find lots of children of all age groups engaged in a sport. The following classes take place here and you can go any evening to speak to instructors there:
- Football –In S Block (skating ring) park for 3+ year olds, 3 times a week, 4:30pm to 6pm. It was nice to see very small boys and girls playing football with Saji Sir.
- Skating – S Block Park at the skating ring. For 3+ year olds. 5 times a week, an hour per class. 5pm to 7pm. Take a trial class and ask sir to get a pair of trial skates for your child before you buy from market.
- Tennis – At S Block Park tennis courts. For 5+ year olds, 3 times or 6 times a week. Time slots are 5pm to 6pm and 6pm to 7pm. The court is well maintained and has a good number of instructors.
- In2Sports is a premier, new age sports training academy providing basketball and football training to school going youth with the aim of uplifting youth participation in sports in India. Classes are held at Kalka Public School, Alaknanda at 5pm or 6pm.For age groups – Under 8, Under 12, Under 15 and Under 18. For more details call 9871433773.
- Balwant rai mehta has Ajay Mehra cricket academy with great coaches. His conatct number is 9811632688
Learning / Storytelling / Reading /Dramatics/Personality development and FUN
- Funky Lil Munchkins – If you have a little munchkin at home, between the age of 12-24 months, you and your baby are in for a treat! Funky Lil Munchkin has been conducting Mom ‘n’ Child programs that are enjoyable and enriching for mothers and babies. Classes are held every Tuesday and Friday @ 11am and include:
Play labs – fun activities designed to enhance physical, social, language, sensory and music/rhythm development in children.
Wobbler Toddler – This introduces both mother and child to a varied sensory experiences that focuses on mobility (through creative movement exercises), introduces gross and fine motor skills (through use of props) and develops language (through storytelling and rhymes). Music and rhythm is a big part of this program as well.
These programs have been designed by Shalini V. Bansal, a Story Teller who has gained experience in developing Early Childhood Development Programs in the US and India.
Book your seats now! To know more, call 98103 22500, 95601 48666 or visit them at JMD Kohinoor Mall, GK2.Just call 01140591234.
- Gymboree Play & Music – You are lucky if you and your toddler live anywhere in or near GK2 because you have the Global leader of child classes, Gymboree, right in your neighbourhood. Gymboree has parent-child classes that strengthen family bonds and encourage development of children. If you have a child between the ages of 0 to 5 years, Gymboree has the perfect classes for you. There are 3 types of classes: Play, Music and Art – that are scheduled between 9am and 6pm at the centre during the week and weekends. Most of the classes are of 45 mins duration which are held once a week and attended jointly by parent and child. Gymboree is currently offering a free trial class. For more informationcall them on 9818691042 or visit them at S-Block (opp. M-41), Gurudwara Road, GK2.
- Horizon Expressive Therapy Centre for Children holds regular classes for Children of all age groups. These classes enhance the overall development of a child through music, dance, art, craft and storytelling. The classes have been using popular Disney characters as a form of teaching and reference. The next session is all about Rapunzel! Sessions are held for a period of 2 months, registrations for which are are open on the 20th and 30th of every month. The classes are held on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. There are 3 age-appropriate batches running simultaneously during the session. Registrations are open now. Call 9811853996 for more details.
- Kiddie Express English by Vidushi is a lovely storytelling and English speaking class for small children. These are 50 minute classes, 3 times week that help children gain confidence with spoken English. Call Vidushi on 9958994843.
- Mntranaa Educare at Arya Samaj, GK2, is where you can expose your child to overall personality development – Language reading, writing and speaking skills, interactive story sessions and role plays, Mathematical analytical skill enhancement, Science lab, cookery fun, book club and basics of art and craft. The ‘Winter Awesomeness Camp’, from 30th December to 1th January, is for 4 to 8 year olds and will be full of fun and activities for kids. Children will also be given the opportunity to join hands with children from Basti Sudhar Kendra (NGO). Call Ms Magon on 9810070473.
- Simi Sahan’s Theatre group – A theatre group for kids & adults in Gk2 . The classes help kids to develop their confidence & oratory skills . Adults that want to keep the Peter pan in them alive, please contact them onhttps://www.facebook.com/SimiSahnansTheatreGroup
- Dance n Buzz Academy has freestyle and jazz style dancing at MMI School, GK2 for kids starting from age 2+. Call Simran @ 9810304744. Classes happen from 5 pm onwards.
- Nitco School of Dance and Music conducts Indian dance (Kathak) and Bollywood dance classes for kids of +2 to 6 year olds. In Music they give classes for light and pure Indian classical . In addition they have guitar, casio and drums classes for all age groups. Call Devika Bhandari on 9810039846.
- Pt. Shambhu Maharaj Kathak Academy has dance classes at for kids at Balwant Rai School, W-Block, GK2 for ages 7+ years. Classes are held on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Call them on (011) 40529517 / 9810064697
- Freestyle dance classes for kids starting 4 years at Sonali’s academy at Arya Samaj Mandir, GK2. Classes are from 5pm onwards.
- Music Together at chirag enclave. New sessions will start in november 2014. This is for kids starting 6 months to 4 years. You can email Priyairani@gmail.com
- Music sir who comes home -Indian Classical Vocal – Call him at 9810225790