It gets bigger and better every year! Karva Chauth (KC) this year, in GK2, is being celebrated in a special way. You really don’t have to battle traffic all across town to Lajpat Nagar for mehendiwalhas, bangles, etc for the big day. Everything is available right here near GK2 and ConnectColony has been roaming the markets for everything to do with KC and we will make your day all the more special and fun.
Special Bikanervala Deal for KC
- Bikanervala in Masjid Moth GK2 has an exciting event that will make your KC day perfect. Celebrate KC with their Rs 2,100/- package, which includes a dinner for 2 at the fine-dining floor (2nd floor) with unlimited food, served in a traditional thali. It also includes unlimited beverages. In addition, the lady can get free mehendi on her hands from a good artist. And that is not all! The couple will also have their picture taken professionally, which will be emailed to them. Quickly book your table today! Call 8468890012/8468890011
Bikanervala is also arranging a very good mehendi artists for its customers. If you have a total billing of Rs 1000/-, you can get mehendi applied for free on one hand and if your billing is for Rs 1500/-, you will get free mehendi applied on both hands. This offer is for the 9th,10th and 11th October 2014 only.
- If you are looking for yummy sweet mathis and other KC delicacies for your Sargi, you’ll find it all here in GK2. Bikanervala has special hampers for Karva Chauth, which includes Fenni and mathis. Their mathis are made using desi ghee and are available for Rs 400/- per kg. Anupam sweets has plain (Rs 220/- per kg) and sweet mathis (Rs 260/- per kg) available at their M Block Market GK2 store. We went to Gopala too where plain mathis were available for Rs 360/- per kg.
- Parlours in GK2 have special deals for KC, so you can look your very best!
- Avail 50% on beauty services on 9th and 10th October, 2014. Book your appointment on 01141026711 at B- Brighton Salon in GK2. This parlour is open all 7 days and is in M -30 basement, GK2 M block market.
- Geetanjali Salon in M block Gk2 also has good beauty & hair services offer in their store. They are offering upto 20% OFF on Special Packages comprising services like facial, bleach, hair spa, rebonding, mani/pedi & many more. Valid from 6th – 11th Oct. For bookings call +911141619355
Mehendi & Shringar
- Alakananda Main Market is a riot of colours and is gearing up in a big way for KC. We visited the market today and it looked like ‘KC mela’ had begun. Here you’ll find bangles, bindis, mehendi stalls and colourful clothes decking up the market.
For mehendi, go here early the day before KC so that your mehendi is set nice and dark for the big day. You’ll avoid the rush and Mehendi wallas will take their time applying the mehendi. We saw a few early birds getting their mehendi done because the rates are cheaper today. Mehendiwalahs were willing to come home today as well and their rate for today was Rs 1100/- for both hands and feet. This ofcourse will become more expensive as Karva Chauth approaches. This is also a great place to pick up bangles, bindis, hair accessories, sindoor, nail polish, etc for the day.
- Blocks G and H in GK2 Enclave Masjd Moth will be having pre Karva Chauth celebrations at Royal Park Banquet Hall on the 10th of October 2014, exclusively for residents of these blocks only. Each family will be given 2 coupons. These coupons will cover special Chandni Chowk street food (chaat), chowmein, puri aloo etc, that will be free for residents. There will also be pre-paid mehendiwalas who will apply mehendi for exceptionally nominal rates. Guests can accompany residents but will have to pay for the food and other items.
Pre-KC and KC Pooja at NRI Colony
- NRI Colony always celebrates Karva Chauth in a big way. One of our ConnectColony team members goes here every year. This year there will be pre-KC functions being held there on the 10th of October 2014 with mehendi walahs, food stalls and plenty of fun. On Karva Chauth, ladies from the colony get together in the park for a huge community pooja with a panditji doing the katha. Once the pooja is complete, ladies play tambola to pass the time till the moon appears. A wonderful community getogether and a great experience!