Carnivals and more:
Take your kids to celebrate the spirit of Christmas at these carnivals and celebrations in GK2:
- Funky Lil Munchkins – One of the most awaited Carnivals in GK2! The Christmas Carnival at Funky Lil Munchkins will take place on 24th & 25th December 2014. There will be Santa in a photo booth, so children can have their pictures taken with him. Every child will get a special present from Santa, a goodie box from Gourmet Affaire and a scoop of Natural ice-cream. There will be games, zip lining adventure, ornament making, face painting and tattoo art too! There will also be Christmas Carols, Christmas décor and a 15 feet tall Christmas tree for you to gaze at. The centre will be open from 11am to 9pm at Kohinoor Mall, so you can go there any time you want. Every child will be given a 2 hour slot. All children must wear socks and one adult may enter for free.[clear]
2. Gymboree – Our tiny little ones will love Gymbo’s Christmas parties at Gymboree on the 24th of December 2014. There will be Gymbo Santa, fun & games and refreshments for kids and adults. Best of all, there will be surprises for everyone to enjoy. The Christmas party for 0 to 2 year olds will be at 11am to 1pm and the party for 2 to 5 year olds will be at 4pm to 6pm. Advance booking is essential, so make sure you reserve your child a seat now. Call 9910090735/34.[clear]
3. The Magic of Books – This is not an event in GK2, but it is one we just had to recommend! We love books and our kids love them too, so celebrate Christmas this time with the magic of words – in stories and in books. Christmas celebrations at Magic of Books will take place on the 21st and 22nd of December, 3:30 pm to 5:30pm. There will be Christmas stories, pine cone ornaments making, snowfall and movie under the stars. There will be carols and special presents from Santa and a special Christmas tree too! Charges are Rs 1500 per child. Seats are limited so call 9810852952 to register now. You could even send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.[clear]
4. Bikanervala – Unleash the artist in you! Bikanervala is having an exciting celebration of a different kind, not just for kids but for adults too. There will be a Drawing Competition from the 24th to the 28th of December 2014. All you have to do is visit Bikanervala on any of these days and take some crayons with you. The theme will be “Christmas in Bikanervala”. Every participant will receive an appreciation certificate and Rs.100/- voucher which has to be used that very day itself. The winners of the drawing competition will be announced on the 1st of January 2015. Winner of the 1st prize will receive Rs. 500/- voucher and a Rs. 500/- gift hamper. Winner of the 2nd prize will get Rs 400 gift voucher and Rs 300 gift hamper. Winner of 3rd prize will receive Rs 200 Gift voucher and Rs 300 gift hamper.
5. Mntranaa – Let your little Elves celebrate this Christmas with craft, games, story time, cooking, tree decoration, cakes, candy and goodie bags. There will be so much here to have so much fun with. On Thursday, 25th December, 10:45am to 1:15pm. At Annexe Hall, Ground Floor, Arya Samaj, Road Number 1, GK2. The fee is Rs 500 per child. Call 9810070473, 9910336464, 98119854482.[clear]
Find Christmas Decorations in GK2:
- Archies – you’ll find trees of various sizes and shapes here. Our pick was a small, table top one for just Rs 50/-. The larger ones have inbuilt lights on them. There are many decorations to choose from. You’ll find ornaments, musical Santas, Santa in a glass, Merry Christmas cut outs, Santa Hats, Santa Masks, Streamers and much more. Visit Archies on main Savitri Road, GK2.
- Aashirwad – Stock up on decorations, sparkles, caps and stockings at Aashirvad in M-Block Market GK2. At the time of writing this, trees were not available there but we will keep you posted if and when they arrive at the shop.
- Starbucks – These are cute red coffee cup ornaments for your tree that are festive and unique. On sale for Rs 600/-, it’s worth a buy if you want something unique for your tree.[clear]
Some of you, like us, probably prefer the real deal. You can buy real Christmas trees (50/- each for smallest size). Morpankhi plants (Rs 50/- for small plants) are also very popular during Christmas. You’ll find maali’s selling these on cycle rickshaws around the colony. You will also find them being sold near the GK2 Gurdwara or at Yogi Nursery. It is tradition to gift Poinsettia plants during Christmas. You may have seen these. They are beautiful small plants with vibrant red leaves. These too are available near GK2 Gurdwara and were told that they cost Rs 300 each. They will perhaps be cheaper after Christmas.[clear]
Christmas Goodies for kids in GK2:
Gourmet Affaire has special goodies for kids this Christmas. The Christmas cupcakes here are adorable (Rs 90 each). There are pop cakes and donuts (Rs 90 each) and Chocolate Santas for your child’s Christmas stocking. We picked up assorted boxes of sugar coated cookies (Rs 150 for a box of 4 cookies) for our children. Our favourite was the gift box which had a Christmas cake and some cookies (Rs 1150).[clear]
The Joy of Giving This Christmas
Our Children are lucky enough to enjoy the joys of Christmas but the sad part about such celebrations is that many unfortunate little ones around the World are neglected on this special day, having never experienced the wonderful emotions of receiving a gift. We aren’t asking you to change the world but we are suggesting you bring a smile a child’s face this festive season. Funky Lil Munchkins has a donation box at its reception, where you can donate toys, books and clothes for the underprivileged. Let your child experience a different kind of joy this Christmas – The Joy of Giving! Make this Christmas meaningful!
Merry Christmas GK2! Stay Connected!