Winters are setting in and so are the indispositions associated with it. With a change in weather, cold and cough have become a common feature in every household. It becomes worse for the people who are allergic to changing
Swati has shared with us some tips that we all may know but
1. The magical powers of tulsi and ginger are not new. Boil tulsi and ginger in water, sieve it and drink this water through the day.
2. You can boil these in milk and give it to children and adults can have it in tea.
3. Indian gooseberry, better known as ‘amla’, is considered as a miraculous food in the ancient Ayurveda. The abundance of vitamin C and other nutrients make it a super food. Juice the amlas, add some honey and give it to everyone in the family. I also add it to my soups, daals and chutneys. It is a very effective immunity booster. Should you want you can even buy amla candy available with Patanjali the kids will love to munch on them.
4. Sitopaladi is an Ayurvedic powder, very effective for cough. Take 2 tablespoons of this powder, add equal amount of honey to it. Give 1/2 teaspoon at a time for 3-4 times in a day.
5. Prepare ‘kadha’. Take 7-8 tulsi leaves, 4 cloves, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 2-3 green cardamom, 1/2 tsp turmeric, cinnamon, dry ginger and black pepper each. Add these to water and boil till the quantity reduces to half. Add honey to it and give it 2-3 times a day.
6. Juice some ginger add honey to it and give this 3-4 times a day for relief from cough.
7. If you are suffering of blocked nose, taking steam helps a lot. Put nasal clear from time to time to prevent blockage.
These are some of the home remedies which if practised regularly will not only keep the antibiotics but doctors at bay too. Take care and stay healthy!!Share and Enjoy